A couple people on Tumblr asked me to make a tutorial for turning a shirt into a skirt. I was gonna do a simple tutorial but then I figured I would make a reversible skirt that you could wear two ways.
Materials: two shirts that would fit well as skirts (try and pull them on as shirts and see how they would fit as bottoms), needle&thread or a sewing machine, elastic
1. Cut the top of the shirts off at the arms.
2. Place the one of the colors "inside" the other one so that it's reversible
** Now this is where I messed up. Originally I sewed a straight hem about an inch down from the top and then sewed another hem at the very top of the skirt so that there was a tunnel where I could stick my elastic. The only problem was that the top hem was tight and basically countered the job of the elastic and when I pulled it on the top hem broke so I had to start over and then I ended up with this:
3. Pick a color that you think you'll wear more (for me it was the green side) and fold the top inside about an inch and sew all around. It sounds confusing but it's not, just fold down and sew, so that it creates a little tunnel that your elastic can go through. (See Picture #5 - on the green side it doesn't show because it's folded in but on the purple side you can see where the green was folded)
4. After you sew all around the hem to create the tunnel, make/cut an opening to stick your elastic through. Because my sewing was shitty I accidentally missed a spot which kinda made a hole itself that I stuck the elastic through
5. Push your elastic through the whole skirt and then sew it together and sew your hole shut.
6. Sew the bottom of the skirt so that the two shirts are sewn on together and wont separate.
7. That's it!